Adult Education and Family Learning are running some great courses online which are designed especially for parents/carers. If you know of anyone who would benefit please could you send them the details and encourage them along. All of our courses are open to all and free* to many.
* Upgrade Your Maths is a 6 week course running on Thursday mornings from 10-12. This course is designed especially for parents who are anxious about maths. Parents work in a small group online and are supported so that they soon feeling comfortable tackling a range of maths questions and develop confidence to support their children with their homework. Starting on Thursday 3 March. You can enrol by clicking on this link Upgrade Your Maths Here
* Help Your Child with Reading for ESOL Parents runs on Wednesday afternoons online. The focus of the class is to improve parents English skills and look at the techniques schools use to support children to learn to read in the UK. This class runs weekly in term time from 2 March. You can enrol by clicking on this link English class- Help Your Child with Reading Here
* Calm Kids, Calm Home is a 6 week course running on Friday mornings. The course look at ways of making the home environment calmer, including discussing effective co-parenting, family routines, parents as role models and self care.
Starting on Friday 4 March from 9:30- 11:00. You can enrol by clicking on this link Calm Kids, Calm Home Here
* Calming the Mind is a 6 week introduction to mindfulness. Parents who attended this course last year have noticed a real change in their lives, and a greatly improved relationship with their children.
Starting on Tuesday 1 March from 7:30-8:30. You can enrol by clicking on this link Calming the Mind Here
Parents can enrol online through the links here or contact Fay Tucker
Adult Education Family Learning Coordinator on 07760 171477
* The courses are free if you are over 19 years old, have lived in the UK for 3 or more years, or have a valid Residence Permit, and are one of the following: Unemployed or earning below £17,374 per year; Qualified below a Level 2 ( less than 5 GCSEs); Have mental health challenges, Have a learning difficulty or disability.
In addition, we would like to invite children to enter a writing or drawing competition. Children can write to their favourite character, design their own book review, write an alternative ending for a book that they love. The more creative, the better. We would also like to see a range of artwork linked to favourite books:
it could be a collage of a favourite scene, a portrait of a favourite character, a visual map of the book or a re-designed front cover. There will be prizes for the most inspiring piece of writing and artwork across each year group. Work will need to be handed into the class teacher by March 3rd and passed onto the English Team.
Other exciting activities will be taking place in school, over the day, to celebrate our love of reading in school!
Did you know that when we send out newsletters and other information you are able to translate it ?
Perhaps you know someone who would benefit from seeing the newsletter in their own language, we would be grateful if you could share this information.
There is a simple translate button at the top of the page.
Go to 'select language'.