- Meet the Teacher events this week
- Individual family meetings with teachers
- Harvest Festival - Food bank Collections
- TT Rock Stars Competition
- Year 5 - Visit to Cheltenham Literature Festival
- Wellies and Waterproofs - Reminder
- Nursery and Pre-school - Their week
- New AiP Menu
- Atlas Holiday Camps
- And finally ...
- Flu Immunisations 2022
- Individual School Photos (School & Preschool)
- Nursery & Pre-school Spooky Forest Storytime - EYFS Forest School.
Thank you to all of you who attended our Meet the Teacher events this week. Teachers were absolutey thrilled to see so many of you.
These informal catch ups were set up to give you an opportunity to hear more about what the children are learning in school and how you can help at home. All of the children were excited to show off their classrooms and share their books and achievements.
If you were unable to join us, please don't worry. Individual family meetings with teachers are scheduled for immediately after half term.
Teachers are looking forward to meeting with individual families after half term. The meetings will run over two days. We know that some of you prefer meeting in-person, and others prefer meeting virtually - we will therefore be offering both alternatives. In-person meetings will be held after school on Tuesday 1st November, and virtual meetings will be held on Wednesday 2nd November. Like last year, you will be able to book appointments online - we will send out more details next week.
Tuesday 1st November - after school in-person family meetings
Wednesday 2nd November - after school virtual family meetings
We are looking forward celebrating Harvest on Wednesday 19th October with the team from St Paul's Church.
Harvest is a wonderful opportunity to collect food for our local food bank. If you'd like to contribute canned food, please send the tins into school with your child(ren) or leave donations in the main school reception area. We will be collecting on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
On Tuesday afternoon, Year 5 were lucky enough to visit the Cheltenham Literature Festival to see S F Said, author of Varjak Paw. This was one of the books read in guided reading lessons when the children were in Year 4. Children got to hear all about how he became an author, the importance of drafting and editing, as well having the chance to ask questions and listen to an excerpt from his new book, 'Tyger'.
As you know, in all but the most extreme weather conditions, we enjoy our fabulous grounds at playtime and lunchtimes.
We appreciate that wellies and waterproofs can be expensive. Given the success of our welly swap, we will extend the initiative to include waterproofs.
How does it work?
- Bring wellies and waterproof coats that no longer fit your child(ren) into our main reception.
- If you would like to exchange items for larger sizes please do so. We hope that you will find sizes that suit.
OUR SWAP SHOP IS NOW OPEN
Rating Outstanding by Ofsted, Atlas Camps specialise in multi-activity clubs for children ages 4-14. With a focus on fun, activities on offer span everything from arts and crafts, to sport and active play, all in a safe, enjoyable environment designed to cater for all.
- Ofsted rated ‘outstanding’
- Childcare vouchers accepted from a variety of providers
- Early drop-off/ late pick-up options
- Sibling discount available
For further information, please watch this video https://atlascamps.co.uk/promo/generic-16x9.mp4 or check out the attached poster.
Head to the Atlas Camps website at www.atlascamps.co.uk to book.
31 Oct 2022
2:45 PM to 3:00 PM